Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Look at God's Word, Day Seven

If you have just started looking at this study, you might also be interested in reading Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, and Day 6.

Psalm 119
(Mem)
97        O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
98        Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
99        I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
100      I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.
101      I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.
102      I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.
103      How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104      Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Questions to Ponder:
       29. What should we meditate on? God’s laws and testimonies (v. 97, 99)
       30. Why should we refrain our feet from every evil way? So we can keep God’s Word (v. 101)
~~~


~~~
(Nun)
105      Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106      I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.
107      I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto thy word.
108      Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me thy judgments.
109      My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.
110      The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.
111       Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart.
112       I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.
Questions to Ponder:
       31. What is a light for our path? God’s Word (v. 105)
       32. What should be our heritage forever? God’s testimonies (v. 111)
       33. What should we incline our hearts to 
do? Always perform God’s statutes (v. 112)

The answers to the questions will be posted after the study is complete.







As we continue "A Look at God's Word," we would love to feature your pictures of the Bible. Please submit your JPEG images to rubieslikeruth@gmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...