Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Look at God's Word, Day Eight

If you have just started looking at this study, you might also be interested in reading Day 1Day 2Day 3Day 4Day 5, Day 6 and Day 7.


Psalm 119

(Samech)
113       I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.
114      Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.
115       Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.
116       Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.
117       Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.
118       Thou hast trodden down all them that err from thy statutes: for their deceit is falsehood.
119       Thou puttest away all the wicked of the earth like dross: therefore I love thy testimonies.
120      My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; and I am afraid of thy judgments.
Questions to Ponder:
       34. What should we hate?
       35. What should we love?
       35. What should we determine to keep?
 ~~~


~~~
(Ain)
121       I have done judgment and justice: leave me not to mine oppressors.
122      Be surety for thy servant for good: let not the proud oppress me.
123      Mine eyes fail for thy salvation, and for the word of thy righteousness.
124      Deal with thy servant according unto thy mercy, and teach me thy statutes.
125      I am thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know thy testimonies.
126      It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law.
127      Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.
128      Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.
Questions to Ponder:
       36. Why should we want understanding?
       37. How much should we love God’s commandments?
       38. How should we esteem God’s precepts?

The answers to the questions will be posted after the study is complete.






As we continue "A Look at God's Word," we would love to feature your pictures of the Bible. Please submit your JPEG images to rubieslikeruth@gmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...