Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Look at God's Word, Day One

In my personal Bible reading, I recently read through Psalm 119. As my brother brought to my attention a few years ago, almost all of the verses speak in some way about the Word of God. I have also noticed that though Psalm 119 speaks volumes about God’s Word, it also deals with us and our desire for His Word. As you read through the verses with me in the next few days, may the Lord bring out special verses that will challenge you in your walk with Him.

Psalm 119
(Aleph)
1          Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
2          Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
3          They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
4          Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
5          O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
6          Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7          I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
8          I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Questions to Ponder:
       1. What are we to walk in?
       2. Who are blessed? 
~~~


~~~
(Beth)
9          Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
10        With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
11         Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
12        Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
13        With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
14        I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
15        I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
16        I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

Questions to Ponder:
       3. What can we do to help prevent sinning against God?
       4. What are we to rejoice in, meditate in, and delight in?


The answers to questions will be posted after the study is completed.







As we continue "A Look at God's Word" we would love to feature your picture of the Bible. 
Please submit your JPEG images to rubieslikeruth@gmail.com.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...