Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Look at God's Word, Day Ten

 If you have just started looking at this study, you might also be interested in reading Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, and Day 9.

Psalm 119
(Kaph)
145      I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep thy statutes.
146      I cried unto thee; save me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.
147      I prevented the dawning of the morning, and cried: I hoped in thy word.
148      Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.
149      Hear my voice according unto thy loving kindness: O LORD, quicken me according to thy judgment.
150      They draw nigh that follow after mischief: they are far from thy law.
151       Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.
152      Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever.
Questions to Ponder:
       42. Who is always near, ready to hear our cry?
       43. When were God’s testimonies founded, and for how long?
 ~~~


~~~
(Resh)
153      Consider mine affliction, and deliver me: for I do not forget thy law.
154      Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy word.
155      Salvation is far from the wicked: for they seek not thy statutes.
156      Great are thy tender mercies, O LORD: quicken me according to thy judgments.
157      Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies.
158      I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word.
159      Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O LORD, according to thy loving-kindness.
160      Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.
Questions to Ponder:
       44. Why is salvation far from the wicked? They do not seek God’s statutes (v. 155)
       45. God’s Word is _________ from ________________; His _________ endure _________________.

The answers to the questions will be posted after the study is complete.






As we continue "A Look at God's Word," we would love to feature your pictures of the Bible. Please submit your JPEG images to rubieslikeruth@gmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...