Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Willing Sacrifice

From Hymns and Poems by A.L.O.E. Public Domain.

The precious blood of Christ my Lord,
The Saviour all-divine,
Was shed to cleanse men’s souls from guilt;
That blood has flowed for mine!
But what return can sinners make
For love so great, so free?
All is too little, oh! my God,
To sacrifice to Thee.

If all I possessed on earth,
Before Thy feet were laid,
Light as the dust the gift would prove
In heaven’s balance weighed.
The costly treasures of the skies
Thou didst resign for me;
All is too little, oh! my God,
To sacrifice to Thee.

But Thou wilt not disdain a heart
That would Thy word obey,
That loves to own the mighty debt
It never hopes to pay.
For were each hair upon my head
A separate life to be,
All were too little, oh! my God,
To sacrifice to Thee.



~~~
Photograph taken from publicdomainpictures.net.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful song and photo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...