Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Friday, July 8, 2011

I Want A Principle Within

Last Sunday, we sang this hymn in church and I thought it was an excellent prayer for girls who are striving to stay pure at heart.


I want a principle within 
Of watchful, godly fear,
A sensibility of sin, 
A pain to feel it near. 
I want the first approach to feel 
Of pride or wrong desire,
To catch the wandering of my will, 
And quench the kindling fire.



From Thee that I no more may stray, 
No more Thy goodness grieve,
Grant me the filial awe, I pray, 
The tender conscience give.
Quick as the apple of an eye, 
O God, my conscience make;
Awake my soul when sin is nigh, 
And keep it still awake.

Almighty God of truth and love,
To me Thy power impart;
The mountain from my soul remove, 
The hardness from my heart.
O may the least omission pain 
My reawakened soul,
And drive me to that blood again, 
Which makes the wounded whole. 
~~~
Words by hymn-writer Charles Wesley

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...