Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

When 2=10

By Gail Puruth

According to Christ, if we obey two commands, we automatically obey the rest:

“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40 (KJV)

Christ also said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life… He that hath my commandments,
and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me... As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love… If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love.” John 14:6, 21; 15:9-10 KJV)

God has made things simple for us--two basic commands and one basic reason to obey:
Obedience draws us closer to God and keeps us in the center of His love! No reward could be sweeter!

~~~
Gail Purath has been married to her best friend for 41 years, has two married children, and seven grandchildren. Her blog, Bible Love Notes (http://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/) features one-minute devotions each weekday.








Come back tomorrow for more on our study of obedience:

 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...