Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Monday, January 28, 2013

Transformers








 By Gail Purath (read her blog here)

When I became a Christian, I couldn’t get enough of God’s Word.

And God began to rid my life of things that didn’t conform to His Word: I tossed out record albums and books with immoral themes. Certain words disappeared from my vocabulary, and I was convicted when I treated someone selfishly.

Image from PrintMaster Gold
The truths I was learning in God’s Word, Christian books, and Bible study groups were transforming my mind. This process, often called sanctification, is an integral part of our Christian life “Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.” (Romans 12:2; Philippians 2:12-13).

Transformation is a lifelong process, worth our best efforts.

This year let’s make a resolution to be more deliberate and serious about our sanctification. Let's give it our all.  



About Gail:



Gail Purath has been married to her best friend for 41 years, has two married children and seven grandchildren. 

Her blog Bible Love Notes(http://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com) features one-minute devotions each weekday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...