Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Monday, January 7, 2013

What Path of Life?

By Ana Renee

"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in Thy presence if fullness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." 
(Psalm 16:11)

Image from copyright-free-images.com

I am seeing something in young people today that greatly saddens me: the search for worldly pleasures and their desire for me to join them. According to this verse, I need not college to understand the "path of life," I need God. I need not relationships, clothes, or career to give me fullness of joy, I need God's presence. I need not parties, games, movies, and activities to give me pleasure, I need closeness to God. The world (ultimately satan) wants to make us believe that praying to God is boring, a life spent going to church dull, and reading/memorizing God's Word is a chore, but the more time we spend with our Heavenly Father, the more we see the truth of the hymn, "And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace." (Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, by Helen H. Lemmel)

As a new year dawns, may our desire be to grow closer to the Lord and separated from the world.


1 comment:

Gaby said...

Amen! :)

http://andlovewillfindyou.blogspot.com/2013/01/live-while-waiting.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...