Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Monday, July 9, 2012

Praise - Stones or Me?

By Erika T.

Photography by Amanda T.

Welcome to the 21st Century.

It is 2012.

~This is the era of improving technology, of easy travel and of rapid communication.

~This is the time of passionate sinners and lukewarm Christians.

~This is the epoch in which loud unbelievers cry out their indignation while believers cringe in shame.

As I meditated on that today, I read Luke 19. The Pharisees asked Our Lord Jesus Christ to make people stop shouting His praises. He answered in verse 40, “if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.” It made me think of our position today. I’m not saying Christians should be obnoxious and overly-sensitive activists. Also, I realize that this specifically refers to praising the Lord, not spreading the gospel, social change or any other message. It did leap out at me, however, as I thought of what we should be doing. I don’t believe we should be trying to outshout everyone who is not a Christian, but we should certainly not be embarrassed about praising our God.

The above sentences should read like this:
~This is the era of improving technology, where we can more quickly share the Bible; of easy travel where we can more generously support missionaries; of rapid communication, where we can more freely speak the gospel.

~This is the time of passionate sinners and yet more passionate Christians.

~This is the epoch in which loud unbelievers cry out their indignation while believers quietly live out praise for their Lord.

Will you live so that the stones have no need to cry out and praise Him?

~~~
Read Erika's blog here: http://thywonderfulworks.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...