Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Saturday, November 12, 2011

In our Mouth or our Heart?

By Ana Renee


“. . . Thou art near in their mouth, and far from their reins.” Jeremiah 12:2b

In modern Christianity, there is a “Christian lingo.” We work hard to talk and act like we think Christians should.

One must go further than a simple lingo, though, and ponder the heart. We might easily deceive others into thinking that our life is alright and with a little practice, become fluent in the Christian lingo. But we cannot deceive God. He does not simply look for us to sound good. He wants us to give Him the reins of their life, and have Him close in our hearts.

Is your Christianity just a lingo, or is it an issue of the heart?



Additional Verses:
Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Isaiah 29:13

And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. Ezekiel 33:31

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. Matthew 15:8

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Titus 1:16

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...