Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Joys of Being a Big Sister

By Ana Renee
Bear hugs

Sticky kisses

Baking lessons

Reciting Bible verses

Seeing first steps and hearing first words

Building with Legos


Fixing hair

Comforting their hurts

Testing out their toys

Tickling, teasing, laughing

Changing all those diapers

Learning vehicle names


Playing dolls again

Cleaning up their messes

Hearing about discoveries

Playing games

Night-time chats

Throwing football


Bike rides

Building forts

Reading books . . . and more books

Ironing their clothes

Feeling tiny hands cling to my own

Hugs that come “just because”

Birthday cards with misspelled words


~ ~ ~

How often do I take all these precious joys for granted?

What better way to grow up than having younger siblings to share my days with?

How often do I dwell on the negatives and neglect the many positives?

How soon will they grow up and no longer need help “taking down the blocks” or “opening the door?”

Lord, help me to daily count the joys of being a Big Sister.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...