Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Giving Sisterhood

By Ana Renee

“Read me a book.”
“Can you cut this for me?”
 “Please fix my hair.”
“Can you hold this?”
 “Can you iron my clothes?”
“Can you get that dish down for me?”
“Can you cut my hair?”
“When you get a chance, could you please hang out these clothes?”
“Can I borrow your shirt?”
“May I use your laptop?”

Images from reusableart.com

Every time I turn around, it seems like I am being asked to help or give. I will admit that I am not the perfect sister; sometimes, I bluntly refuse to satisfy my sibling’s desire. One day, though, God brought a verse to my attention during my Bible reading: Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. (Matthew 5:42) This verse puts no boundaries on our giving/lending. It simply says “Give.”


Give . . . if they ask for help.

Give . . . if they ask to use my things.

Give . . . if they want to help out.

Give . . . if they ask for a favor.

Give . . . if I see a need.

Give . . . even if I don’t feel like it.

Give . . . even if my logic doesn’t want to sort it out.

Give . . . even if they “shouldn’t be asking.”

Give . . . even if I’m busy.


A good passage to keep ever before us is Colossians 3:23-25, “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.” May God be honored as we give our time, help, and life to our siblings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah...very convicting, Ana Renee! Our lives should be more and more like Christ everyday and less like us!
Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...