Background 01

Verse for Today

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Off the Prayer List

By Erika T. (read her blog here)

Matthew 14:31 – O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Isaiah 49:15-16 – Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

Photography by Amanda T.


Several weeks ago I took Miss K and Miss N off my prayer list. I’d begun praying for them several years ago when my friend asked me to pray for their spiritual recovery and well-being; they were not doing well spiritually. The girls and my friend live in a city that’s far away from my home, so all I could do was pray without seeing any results. The only thing I heard about them was that they eventually stopped coming to any meetings or Bible studies at all. They no longer participated in church events and they simply didn’t seem to care. So, at the beginning of the year, when I was adding several new people to my list, my heart sighed, shook its head and decided that I could use my time better praying for others. Sorrowfully, I replaced their names. Not that I’d never pray for them again, I just wouldn’t include them in my daily prayer time anymore. However, as it happens, God had other things in store, including a gentle rebuke for me.
 
Yesterday I got a deliciously long email from my friend. It had been a while since we’d had a good chat. The most surprising news she gave me was that Miss N has decided she needs to focus more on pleasing God and gathering with the local church again. The first verse that came to mind was, “O, thou of little faith…” I had given up on her, just before God brought to fruition all the prayers and efforts of people all over the country who were praying for her.

God didn’t give up on her.

I was ashamed to think I had.

And joyful to think He’ll never give up on me either.


Matthew 14:31 – O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Isaiah 49:15-16 – Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...